I research cold atoms and ultrahigh Q resonators, both individually and as coupled hybrid quantum systems...
I and our labs are working on novel methods to create, manipulate and read out quantum systems. Such systems are ideal platforms for shedding light on questions regarding non-equilibrium physics of isolated quantum systems, the physics of (quantum) measurement, quantum-enhanced sensors and tests of macroscopic quantum theory.
- Nondestructive imaging of cold atoms using Raman sideband imaging
- Measurement induced localization of atoms in optical lattices
- Nonlinear phonon interferometry at the Heisenberg limit
- Understanding the dissipation in ultrahigh Q Silicon Nitride membrane resonators
- Reservoir engineering the isolation of Silicon Nitride membrane resonators
- Thermomechanical squeezing in quantum compatible Silicon Nitride resonators